According to Australian Crime Statistics, Australia recorded a decrease from 1,276to 525 burglary cases per 100,000 between 2006 and 2020. According to Australian Industry Statistics, this trend can be traced back to the constantly growing security system and installation market size, which has recorded total revenue of $1.8 billion in 2022.
An access control system is a crucial necessity for enhancing the security and accessibility of a business. However, finding the best access control system installer can be challenging. Besides, you need to educate yourself on the available access control products before beginning your access control system installation process.
Spend time evaluating potential installers so you can pick someone with the correct qualifications, expertise, and price. Follow the advice below regarding the factors to consider to work with the best installer to simplify your next access control installation.
What Is Access Control?
An access control system is a security technique that regulates users of a system by verifying their login credentials, such as usernames and PINs, passwords, biometric scans, and security tokens. Most access control systems use multifactor authentication (MFA), a method of confirming a user’s identity that uses many forms of identification.
Access control grants users the appropriate level of access and authorises them to perform the proper actions after validating their login information and IP address
How Does An Access Control Work?
Adding and removing users, monitoring activity, and setting up routines or alerts are all part of managing the access control system. Most access control systems employ hardware and software that automatically speaks with the controller and reader to allow users to gain access. The system works through the following steps:
– Authentication: an access control inspects the credentials first and verifies the data to recognise the user.
– Verification: After that, the card reader determines whether the user has the authorisation to utilise the entry point. The reader must respond to the following inquiries for the user to be authorised:
- Can the user access the requested entry point?
- Is the user presenting a legitimate credential, like key fobs?
- Is there a deadline by which the request must be submitted?
- Are there any safety precautions, such as a system lockdown?
- Accessibility: The reader notifies the door hardware to open after determining whether the card is valid. The mechanism records who opened the door if it is unlocked.
- Audit: Most access control systems offer an auditing feature that enables administrators to create reports. These reports can assist in ensuring that the system is operating correctly and meeting compliance standards.
Things To Consider Before Choosing An Access Control Installer
There are numerous factors to consider before choosing the proper access control installer. Here are some compelling arguments in favour of installing an access control system on your commercial property:
- Customisation: Most access control systems are customisable to match your preferences. Choose a system that can grant access to specific individuals based on how you want them to access the business at particular times.
- Convenience: With a keyless entry control system, you won’t have to stress remembering where your keys are. Choose a system that fully embraces modern technology to make rekeying less expensive.
- Easy log access: An access control system allows you to monitor who enters and leaves your building and when they do so. Consider installing a manageable system from any location, especially a cloud-based access control that uses mobile credentials.
- Cost: In many instances, using a keycard access control system is more cost-effective than using conventional keys. It’s considerably simpler to purchase a new key card and reprogram the system if you lose your key card than it is to change the locks on your building. Make sure you go for an access control system with low installation costs.
How To Choose The Right Access Control System Installer
There is a criterion for choosing an ideal access control system installer. Ask your installer the following questions to ensure you pick the right one;
- How long has the access control firm been operating? What are their history, available level of security, and types of accesses and management systems? A firm with years of experience is more likely to be reputable and offer excellent customer satisfaction.
- What number of entrances or doors do you need to lock? What entryways, such as significant entrances, server rooms, elevators, and other high-risk or sensitive areas, will require greater security? An experienced access control system installer should be knowledgeable about the areas that need more security which will also assist you in obtaining a quotation and budget for the system.
- Do they have a cloud-based access control system? Will the system require maintenance or replacement in the upcoming years? Knowing this will assist you in making a better decision when choosing an access control system. It will also help you make future budgets for the betterment of the system.
Installing an access control system might significantly change the security status of your company. It will ensure that the company is secure and has all the necessary protection.
An access control installation is not, however, something you should do impulsively. There are numerous points you should be aware of. You will have the best chance of having an uncomplicated access control installation if you follow the above tips.
Enhance Your Life with Advanced Living Solutions
Choosing the proper access control solution for your company can be challenging. There are so many options available that picking one is tricky. List your immediate security requirements and long-term objectives to facilitate the process. Next, choose a system that can fulfil every need in your outline. Working with a security professional is beneficial as well.
Advanced Living Solutions assists business owners all across Melbourne in selecting and implementing the best security systems. We’ll take the time to learn about your company to recommend the most acceptable access control solution. Request a free, no-obligation estimate from Advanced Living Solutions to discuss your requirements.
Please call us today on (03) 9212 7999 or leave an enquiry to learn more!