When was the last time you upgraded your home security system? Are you aware of the latest security solutions? Not many people know that Australia is in 7th place when it comes to the rate of burglaries across the globe. Almost 5% of Australian households experience a break-in or an attempted break-in each year.
For most people, their house is their most prized possession. There is a lot of expensive stuff inside a house and naturally, you want to keep your family members as well as your belongings safe. You are already ahead of a majority of the population if you have invested in a security system but that system needs to be upgraded to stay ahead of the criminals.
What Is a Home Security System?
In simple terms, a home security system may be defined as a collection of security devices that work together to keep your home safe from a range of threats. A variety of security devices make up a security system. Some of the common examples include:
- Surveillance cameras or CCTV systems
- Motion sensors
- Security alarms
- Panic buttons
- Smoke alarms
- Remote monitoring services
Different Types of Home Security Systems
A home security system is a web of interconnected devices that work in tandem to protect a home. It consists of a wide range of security devices. Some of these systems include:
- Security alarm systems
- Video intercom systems
- CCTV systems
- Access control systems
- Alarm monitoring services
An alarm monitoring service includes remote monitoring by security professionals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Access control systems offer greater peace of mind. These systems include door locks that can only be opened with the help of a key fob or an access code or through an app on your smartphone or some other advanced electronic system.
A modern CCTV system allows you to watch everything as it happens from any part of the globe. Video intercom systems allow you to see who is at the door before opening the door. Modern intercom systems are also equipped with remote unlocking features.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Home Security
If your home security system has been working so far, you must be wondering why you need to upgrade it. The reason for this is that technology is advancing at a fast pace and what was secure a few years earlier may not be so secure now. This is why you should always upgrade to the latest technology with more advanced features. Here’s a list of some of the major benefits of upgrading your home security:
- Stay safe — Your door lock that was state of the art a decade back may not be the best security option today. If your existing home security system is based on technology that has been around for a while, it is likely that those systems have been compromised and solutions to get past those systems may already be available online. It’s not that difficult to compromise old security systems.
- Modern systems are more robust — As explained earlier, technology is always evolving which means modern design methods and manufacturing techniques provide better security. Modern alarm systems, door locks and access control systems are much more robust as compared to the earlier iterations and perform better and more reliably.
- Take advantage of connectivity — Modern security systems are interconnected which means you can access your modern CCTV camera systems through your smartphone or laptop. Similarly, there are smart alarm systems that are much more flexible and much better than the earlier iterations. These modern systems offer finer control and give you peace of mind.
Reasons to Upgrade Your Home Security System
- Better quality video —Earlier CCTV systems have cameras that provide blurred or grainy images but modern security cameras provide a much clearer picture. In fact, modern cameras also have a much wider field of view at a more affordable price. These cameras typically also have digital zoom capability as well as motion detection features. Some cameras also have excellent night vision which is typically not available in older CCTV systems.
- Off-site monitoring — Criminals are always getting smarter and if you only have on-site monitoring, you should upgrade to off-site monitoring. Off-site monitoring will allow you to get alerts on your phone or your laptop and you can also get a live feed through your CCTV system.
- Constant updates — Modern home security systems are easier to update compared to older systems. They are much more flexible and you don’t need to replace the whole system as most components can be easily upgraded without any issues.
Home automation has arrived. These modern devices not only upgrade your quality of life but also make your home more secure. A home automation system links all the devices and allows you to get access to door locks and CCTV systems remotely. Security lights equipped with motion sensors help in deterring intruders.
You need to realise that technology is moving at a fast pace and criminals are always learning new things. Your existing home security system may already be vulnerable. If you are still using an older system, it is time for you to get in touch with experienced professionals at Advanced Living Solutions to learn more about modern security solutions and how these modern solutions can make your home more secure and enhance your quality of life.
Enhance Your Life with Advanced Living Solutions
Advanced Living Solutions is focused on providing products and services designed to enhance your quality of life. We offer a wide range of home security solutions at affordable prices.
Please call us today on (03) 9212 7999 or leave an enquiry to learn more!